Secretariat of National Council For Occupational Safety And Health
NCOSH carries out its functions through the breadth of scope contained in provisions of Act 514 in matters relating to:-
- Amendments that are deemed appropriate for legislations on occupational safety and health
- Advancement of the administration and enforcement of legislations on occupational safety and health
- Promotion of consultative cooperation between management and labour on the safety, health and welfare of other people within the community
- Establishment of sufficient control procedure for the chemical industry
- Statistical analysis of occupational deaths and injuries
- Provision of healthcare facilities at workplace
- Support of legal measures for the development and acceptance of industry codes of practice on occupational safety, health and welfare
- Development of plans and recuperating facilities for injured persons at the workplace.
- NCOSH also functions as an appellate body for discontented parties wishing to appeal any issue or order by the Director General of DOSH.
Event Management Section
Gathering information for programs such as running, seminars, exhibitions and other quiz to convey the message of safety and health in all industry sectors.
- Control anything programme outside of campaign.
- Operate any current programs such as the Run OSH campaigns, seminars, quizzes, exhibitions and other OSH.
- Being Seminar Committee Secretariat dealt with under the Council.
- Conduct activities OSH awards to organizations that have shown improvement over the implementation of occupational safety and health in the workplace, including selecting, evaluating and auditing the candidates.
- Conduct activities of individuals who make a significant contribution award is given to an individual figure in raising the achievement levels of OSH in the country, including selecting and evaluating candidates.
- Serve as the secretariat of the committee under the Council Awards.
- Handle the presentation of awards to the winners.
- Coordinate and conduct of the auditor training.
- Handle aspects of the dissemination of information to the public or Council arganisasi through electronic media such as interviews, articles, etc. sketsa on TV, radio, and IT.
- Handle aspects of the dissemination of information to the general council or organization through mass media such as newspapers, newsletters, brochures, posters, bill boards, lectures, seminars, quizzes, etc.
- Get air time in popular programs on radio and TV for Council members.
Organize all matters affecting the Council and meetings of sub-committees established under the Council.
- Organize all matters affecting the Appeal Committee established under Council.
- Gather information and prepare an annual report of the Council.
- Gather information and prepare bulletin Council.
- Responsible for managing the allowance of members of the Council and members of the sub-committee under the Council and the Appeal Committee.
- Organize all matters affecting the administration and enforcement of occupational safety and health surveillance in the workplace.
- Organize all matters affecting the office of the Council to work in the country..
- Organize all matters affecting the Council visits abroad.