It is the duty of every person wishing to occupy or use any premises as a factory to submit within 3 months from the date of such operation the application and the details of the application for the purpose of factory registration to the Chief Inspector as specified in Section 34, Factories and Machinery Act 1967. Further details of the application must be submitted within 6 months when requested to do so. Installation of Machinery on the premises applied for cannot be carried out until written permission (Permit-to-Install or PTI) is obtained from the Inspector.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
Please contact the state office of Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) regarding the application. DOSH Staff Directory
pdf Factories and Machinery Act 1967
- Application for registration of factories and certificated machinery is done online through MyKKP at http://mykkp.dosh.gov.my
- Registration Guide through MyKKP at here.
- All statutory inspection charges are based on the rate which has been set according to the new rate as in the Factories and Machinery (Notification, Certificate of Fitness and Inspection) (Amendment) Regulations 2004.
1. Details of the factory.
2. Sector Information.
3. Occupational Safety and Health Information. Search for a Competent Person for Safety and Health Officer (OYKSHO), if applicable.
4. List of machinery.
5. Display of JKJ 101 information.
6. Information on the type of work proposed to be carried out in the plant.
7. Information of permissions obtained from Government authorities or other Government Departments regarding permits, licenses, certificates, registrations and others
8. Documents that MUST be submitted:
I. Workplace position plan and workplace location.
II. Machinery layout plan showing
a. Machine to machine distance; and
b. Machine to the wall; and
c. Area plan showing fence-to-fence dimensions including upper and lower floors; and
d. The side view plan of the building showing the height of the floor to ceiling or to the lowest beam; and
e. Process flow chart (workflow chart).
9. Additional supporting documents:
a. Letter from local authority regarding factory site, building and business license
b. Fire department letter
c. Other supporting documents