Quality, Occupational Safety And Health Policy
It is a policy of the Department of Occupational Safety and Health to continuously enhance the quality of products, services and safety and health performance of staff alongside the relevant persons.
Both the management and the staff will work together in preventing any potential non-conformity of products and services, and any possibility of injury arising from incidents occurring at work places.
This Department is committed to:
- Providing and maintaining a quality, safe and healthy work place and system free of any hazard and risk;
- Ensuring all staff receive relevant information, directives, trainings and supervision on how to carry out tasks in a correct and quality manner that poses no risks to health;
- Investigating all non-conformities of products and services, incidents, occupational diseases, occupational poisoning and dangerous events, and taking steps to ensure they are not repeated;
- Identifying and complying with customer requirements, and legal and other requirements as stipulated in the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994, its regulations and the approved industrial codes of practice;and
- Promoting and achieving the objectives of occupational safety and health quality, work procedures, and rules and guidelines of occupational safety and health among workers across the country.
In order to ensure the implementation of this policy, the Quality, Occupational Safety and Health Management System is created, implemented and maintained by this Department.