Boiler & Pressure Vessel Hydrostatic Test
This procedure aims to explain the application to carry out hydrostatic or operating test which is witnessed by a DOSH officer.
- The steam boiler or pressure vessel to be tested has obtained design approval (new machinery) or repair approval (registered machinery).
- Submit application letter to carry out the test on the machinery to the State DOSH Office where the test will be carried out.
- Contact DOSH office to set a test date not later than one week from the date of the test.
- Submit information on the machinery such as copy of letter of approval, manufacturer's data report, welder record and other related information to DOSH officer before the test is carried out.
- Obtain letter of approval:
ii. Repair approval
Send application letter to DOSH office
Contact DOSH office to set test date
Submit relevant information to DOSH officer