The Occupational Safety and Health (Classification, Labelling and Safety Data Sheet of Hazardous Chemicals) Regulations 2013 (CLASS Regulations) have been gazetted on 11th October 2013.
The CLASS Regulations, promulgated under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 (Act 514), have replaced the Occupational Safety and Health (Classification, Packaging and Labelling of Hazardous Chemicals) Regulations 1997 (CPL Regulations) The main objective of the CLASS Regulations is to ensure suppliers of hazardous chemicals provide sufficient information on hazards of chemicals that they supply, so as to mitigate the risk of accidents happening in the workplace, thus providing a safe and healthy working environment and condition.
The responsibilities of suppliers as stated in the CLASS Regulations are to do the classification, labelling, preparation of Safety Data Sheet, packaging and chemicals inventory information submission. In the regulations, suppliers are defined as persons who supply hazardous chemicals, and include principal suppliers (that is, suppliers who formulate, manufacture, import, recycle or reformulate hazardous chemical chemicals) and subsidiary suppliers (that is, suppliers who repack, distribute or retail hazardous chemicals).
The CPL Regulations was previously used as a mechanism to control the supply of hazardous chemicals to the workplaces in Malaysia and came into force on 15th April 1997. However, with the adoption of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) worldwide, Malaysia has taken proactive measures to implement the GHS at the workplace through the promulgation of the CLASS Regulations to replace the current CPL Regulations.
- Occupational Safety And Health (Classification, Labelling And Safety Data Sheet Of Hazardous Chemicals) Regulations 2013
- * The document provided is in Bahasa Melayu (page 1-37) and English (page 38-72)
- Industry Code of Practice On Chemicals Classification And Hazard Communication, 2014
[ ZIP ]
[ PDF ]
- * Only the version of document provided here is accepted by DOSH
- Gazette of Industry Code of Practice on Chemicals Classification and Hazard Communication Notification Letter
- List of Hazard Statement and Precautionary Statement
- List of Hazard Pictogram
- Express Labelling Self – Assessment (ELSA)
- (A tool for self-checking of label to conform to CLASS Regulations)
- Website Chemical Information Management System
- List of Chemicals Testing Laboratories in Malaysia
- Summary Report Hazardous Chemical Inventory 2017
- Summary Report Hazardous Chemical Inventory 2018