Major Hazard Competent Person
Competent Person Major Hazard is registered under the provisions of Regulation 13, Occupational Safety and Health (The Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards) Regulations, 1996.
Duties of a Competent Person
To provide consultations to the manufacturer in major hazard control especially in the following areas:
In the preparation of a written Report (new report) containing the information specified under the Schedule 6 of the Regulations for submission to the Director General.
In the preparation of a further report (modification report) to take account of those changes make in any modification works for submission to the Director General.
In the preparation of a further report (updating report) which shall have regard in particular to new technical knowledge which materially affects the particulars in the previous report relating to safety and development in the knowledge of hazard assessment for submission to the Director General.
In the preparation and keeping up to date an adequate on site emergency plan for submission to the Director General.
To register as Competent Person Major Hazard, the applicant shall:
- Be a Malaysian citizen; or if a foreign resident, shall hold a valid Malaysian working permit.
- Not be less than twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Hold a degree or equivalent in one of the following disciplines: engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, ergonomics or applied science from a recognized University.
- Not less than three (3) years' practical experience relevant to the work to be performed by a Competent Person under the Regulations.
- Has good knowledge and experience in the following areas:
b) Safety Management System for loss prevention.
c) Emergency response plan and procedure.
- Has adequate knowledge and understanding in the Quantitative Risk Assessment.
Online new and renewal applications starting 1st January 2018 at http://mykkp.dosh.gov.my/ Interview Schedule For 2021
Bil.Date 1. 07 January 2021 2. 10 February 2021 3. 09 March 2021 4. 08 April 2021 5.04 May 2021 6. 16 June 2021 7. 13 July 2021 8. 18 August 2021 9. 08 September 2021 10. 12 October 2021 11. 17 November 2021 12. 14 December 2021 Guidance on Preparation and Updating of Report on Industrial Activity is developed to homogenize the reporting format for Industrial Activity Report (for both new and updated document). Document must be written according to the guidance, and all the documents below must be attached. Otherwise, document will not be reviewed.
- pdf Guidance on Preparation and Updating of Report on Industrial Activity
- JKKP 5 Form (Notification of Industrial Activity Form)
- Classification Industrial Activity Letter from JKKP State Office
- Copy of Valid Competency Registration Slip / OKMH Certificate
Each Emergency Response Plan (for both new and updated document) must contain each element in ERP Checklist, and come into force on March 9, 2017. Otherwise, document will not be reviewed.
Attachment: pdf Checklist ERP